Monday 20 June 2016

The Glam Guide Book Review

 
I have recently finished reading the book "The Glam Guide" by Fleur de Force and I thought I would share my opinions about the book with you. The book is a non-fiction written by the Youtuber Fleur De Force, were she has written about Beauty, Hair, Fashion, Travel etc. giving her tips and advice throughout the book.


I found this book so helpful especially when it came to the make-up section, although I feel quite confident applying everyday makeup I still lack some knowledge when it comes to this area. I learnt what type of eye shadow I should use based on my eye colour, how to create a Smokey eye look etc. Another area that I had lacked before I read this book was skin care, I know that I need to take my make-up off every night and moisturise in the morning but apart from that I didn't really know anything else. However this book has made me re-think my skin routine and I know realise that I need to apply more products, such as serum, to my face in the morning and evening.


The only sections of the book I didn't really like was "5 Easy Hairstyles for Every Day" now don't get me fleur is great at hairstyles but I feel like these are a bit boring and I know the title is "every day hairstyles" but I don't find them that appealing and actually I've tried some of these hairstyles myself and because my hair is shorter than Fleur's they don't work. I also don't like something she wrote in the "Health and Fitness" at the end she did "10 Quick Tips" and one of these tips were "I don't have energy isn't an excuse" I found this quite patronising as I know someone who has Fibromyalgia which is a medical condition meaning that they hardly ever any have any energy and if they did exercise when they had no energy it would damage their health. So having no energy isn't always because you’re lazy and she should have pointed this out in the book. 

Overall, I really enjoyed reading this book despite the negatives that I have stated above, as it gave me some great advice and tips that I have actually taken on-board and I would absolutely recommend this book to anyone who is into beauty and lifestyle content.

 
Sian X

No comments:

Post a Comment